I often get asked, how do I create an engaging email newsletter? And the answer is there is no one size fits all approach. For your email newsletter to be engaging, it’s all about identifying what your target market would like to see. The trick is to see it through their eyes, not your own.
As a business owner, you could fill your email newsletter with one million things you find interesting about your business. But does it translate to your reader?
Here are some email marketing ideas to try in your next newsletter.
1. Do you have a popular blog with interesting content? Why not do a roundup of your top 5 blog posts for the week or month? Of course, this will depend on how much new content you generate!
2. New product! Do you have an e-commerce website? Whilst you may have been quick to post your new products to Instagram, your e-newsletter is a direct form of communication with your audience. The Instagram algorithm doesn’t guarantee that they got the news of your new product, back it up with an e-newsletter.
3. Members only content! Reward your loyal target market with members only content. I find brands are always promoting incentives such as “10% off” for new clients. But what about your loyal clients? The ones who consistently support your business? Show these guys some love with rewards and incentives available only through your newsletter. It’s a great way to build your database.
4. Behind-the-scenes at your business. If people are interested enough in your brand to sign up to your email newsletter, there is a high chance they are interested in what goes on behind the scenes. Are you a retailer that does photoshoots? Give them a sneak peek of what it is like to shoot a fashion campaign. Do you make furniture? Show them your workshop!
5. Industry advice or news. It’s easy to forget how much information you retain as a professional in your own industry. Share the love! If you have industry news, explain it in a way that your target market can relate to. Offer the advice of a professional! Everyone loves a bit of free advice!
6. Customer content. Social media has given everyone their own voice, and a platform to share it! I’ll find that many of my clients are receiving weekly feedback from their customers so why not share it? They are creating the content for you, and it is much more credible than tooting your own horn so to speak.
7. What’s new at your business? You may have new job openings that your email list can apply for. Do you have employee news that they might find interesting? Share it! Interview your staff to build rapport with your market.
8. FAQ… and your answers!
Rather than answering the same questions over and over in individual emails, create a FAQ list. There is a reason why most websites have them! If someone is asking the question, you are guaranteed that multiple other people also what to know the answer! Have you ever started typing a question into google and google finishes your sentence?
Every time you get asked a question from client or customer note it down. Note down how many times you get asked the same question that week. If it’s more than once, add it to your FAQ list.
Update your FAQ email content every couple of months! If you are getting the same questions, you might need to rethink how you are communicating the answer with your target market.
If you need help with your email marketing, Unpublished Marketing Perth can help. We create everything from newsletters with industry content to engaging graphics. Whatever your target market, we can create an engaging content consistently. Ask us for an up to date portfolio of work today.
Phone 0431 511 037